Sunday, February 21, 2010

Infinite Power of Hope

We are so excited to share with all of you our "theme for the year."
We have felt strongly as an FSA Committee that our message for our FSA couples this year is one of HOPE. Our testimonies are that hope can be a shining light and dear friend as we are seeking to build our eternal families. Our prayer is that as we share our thoughts about this theme of hope throughout the year, and as we all study it in our families, that we can all be strengthened with greater peace and joy in the journey! This week we will share some quote about hope each day. ENJOY, and please feel free to share your thoughts as a comment.
*
Walking with Two Sisters
By Larry Hiller
Faith walks before me,
Holding up her lamp
As I try not to stumble in the ink-dark hours before the dawn.
Her light illuminates
One step and then another.
Beside me, Hope, arm linked with mine, encourages and steadies.
Sometimes in the tedium,
Distracted by the pain,
My mind begins to wander, then my feet.
I hesitate.
Unsure, I look to Hope.
Her hand takes mine.
The touch reminds me of another hand held out to me,
One pierced and scarred
Yet oh so tender
Lifting me and blessing me when I had fallen and despaired.
Remembering,I move ahead
Buoyed up by Hope, who sees the end with perfect clarity.
*
Click the following link to see a "Mormon Message" about hope:
Infinite-Power-of-Hope

No comments: